The Museum of Carpet reopened on Tuesday 7th July 2020. Our priority is the safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff so we have implemented some safety measures. Click here for our helpful poster.
Prior to reopening the Museum underwent thorough cleaning by C2 Care and Adchem. Both our flooring and all surfaces underwent deep clean and sanitisation, ready for our reopening on the 7th July. Museum Of Carpet Cleaning Certificate Museum Of Carpet Envirosafe Certificate We look forward to welcoming you to the Museum of Carpet.
- Visitors – The museum has level access from the main entrance to all galleries.
- Researchers – There is a lift to the upper floor where the offices, archives, library and meeting rooms are based.
- We have a hearing loop in Reception and all museum galleries.
- The fire alarm has flashing lights.
- Glass doors have contrast markings.
- The walls and the doors have high colour contrast.
- We have display information in audio and large print.
- We have information in audio and large print.
- We have a concessionary rate for disabled visitors.
- We have a complimentary ticket policy for personal assistants and carers.
- All staff have disability awareness training.
- We have an accessible, ground floor toilet.
Food & Drink
We do not have a café or eating area at the museum. However, there are many lovely cafés and restaurants within a 5 -10 minute walk.
If you are coming as part of a pre-booked group visit, tea & coffee is provided during your introductory talk.
Telephone: 01562 69028
Address: Stour Vale Mill, Green St, Kidderminster DY10 1AZ